COVID-19 Patient Protocols
We want you to know that our enhanced infection control procedures now instituted in our practice to keep all patients and staff safe will meet, if not exceed, current federal, state and local public health guidelines. As our primary commitment is to your safety, our routine will now include the following steps:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you first enter the office.
- All new patients will use our website and fill out their Patient Registration form for their consultations.
- We have hand sanitizer in the reception room that we will ask you to use as soon as you enter our office.
- You will have your temperature taken upon entry by our front office staff.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment, however, this will allow for significantly fewer patients in the office at any one time.
- Appointment times will be lengthened to provide for disinfection before and after each patient visit using EPA approved COVID-19 disinfectants and HOCl (hypochlorous acid) aerosol between surgeries and in the entire office at the end of the day. HOCl is a powerful antiviral produced from water and salt that is made by our body’s own white blood cells and approved by the FDA as a high-level disinfectant and an EPA approved disinfectant for COVID-19. It is natural, non-toxic and environmentally safe and even used in human and animal wound care.
- All patients must wear face coverings or masks while in our office that cover both the nose and mouth. Masks with small plastic valves embedded in the front will not be permitted as they protect the wearer but do not protect others.
- All patients must come alone to the office. If someone escorts you, they must wait in your vehicle. Exceptions include minor patients requiring one accompanying parent/guardian or a patient requiring the help of a caregiver.
- We may ask that you wait in your vehicle and not enter the office until we call or text you to come in to our office.
- By our protocol, each staff member will also get screened daily in our office.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
We appreciate the trust you place in us for your oral surgical needs and we feel confident in the ability to treat you safely with our enhanced protocols and procedures in place.