Oral Cancer Screening
The goal of performing Oral Cancer Screenings is to detect precancerous lesions before oral squamous cell carcinoma (mouth cancer) could develop.
At Zeidan Oral & Facial Surgery, we will perform a thorough oral cancer screening during your consultation.
Symptoms of Oral Cancer:
- Sores or ulcers that don’t heal
- Numbness in or around the mouth
- Red or white patches in the mouth.
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing or moving the jaw
- Persistent sore throat or hoarseness
- A lump or thickening on the skin lining the inside of the mouth
If you are concerned that you may be at risk of or have oral cancer, please contact our office as soon as possible. Our team is equipped with the necessary tools and knowledge to identify any signs of oral cancer that you may be experiencing. As is the case with all types of cancer, early detection is the best way to increase your likelihood of successful treatment.